POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  No country for old men
From: Warp
Date: 13 Aug 2009 16:49:25
Message: <4a847c54@news.povray.org>
I have no problems in understanding spoken American English. I understand
it so well, in fact, that I never need subtitles when I watch DVD movies.
(On the contrary, subtitles for English-speaking movies bother me a lot,
as the disturb my concentration. For languages which I don't understand
it's less of a bother because there's less to be disturbed from.)

  However, in the movie "No country for old men" they spoke with such a
thick Texan accent that at many places I had really hard time understanding
what they were saying. Do Texans really speak with such a thick accent?

--
                                                          - Warp