POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestion: OpenCL : Suggestion: OpenCL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion: OpenCL
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 13 Aug 2009 15:56:43
Message: <4a846ffb$1@news.povray.org>
I have just learned about it and I think this could be a great
improvement for POV-ray since uses: CPUs, GPUs and "any other
processors" to process programs. I'll clarify even more just in case:
OpenCL lets you use CPU(s) Core(s) + GPU(s) Core(s) + "Any other
processor(s)/core(s)"; but for most of us is just: CPU(s) Core(s) +
GPU(s) Core(s).

PS: I think it should be a 'Suggestions' newsgroup for this sort of things.