POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Polyhedra library : Re: Polyhedra library Server Time
28 Apr 2024 13:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra library
From: clipka
Date: 13 Aug 2009 15:18:23
Message: <4a8466ff$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell schrieb:
> AFAIK they are all fully closed, and I'm giving them inside_vectors so they
> should also be good for CSG.

To try and root out this common misconception: Specifying an
inside_vector is /not/ a prerequisite for a mesh to work properly with
CSG, as POV-Ray will automaticaly assume a default value.

Specifying an inside_vector is only of use in case the default one
should happen to give you artifacts, but I've never seen any.