POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Computer : Re: New Computer Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Computer
From: TC
Date: 13 Aug 2009 11:58:47
Message: <4a843837@news.povray.org>
Nice one. But then, AMD and Intel seem to compute on par - in earlier times
AMD was faster than Intel.

On a Q9550 with 2.83 MHz it renders in 99 seconds.

It would be interesting to know PovRay benchmarks on different OS - like 32
/ 64 bit Windows XP / Vista, Linux, etc. Just to get a feeling how much of a
brake the OS is, and how great the influence of DRAM type, speed and
frequency is.