POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : code editor color coding lost : Re: code editor color coding lost Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: code editor color coding lost
From: David H  Burns
Date: 12 Aug 2009 15:51:51
Message: <4a831d57$1@news.povray.org>
optima wrote:
> Hi,
> In my scene, Povray crashed first. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Povray
> 3.6.1 . But still all code looks black, color coding of keywords is gone.
> How can I correct this, short of reinstalling windows.?
> Thank you very much.
>
> PS. Options/Editor Preferences menu doesn't help, still same black text.

I don't know if this is the same "problem", but I made a new Pov-Ray
file by simply opening
a new blank file and pasting the contests of another file into it. All
color coding of text was lost.
I saved it (as  .pov), edited it, ran it, exited and restarted Pov-Ray ,
and finally turned the computer off and
back on. The file in question still had no color coding. Then I saved it
under a different name
and, lo and behold, color coding of text had returned --to the renamed
version. The original version
still has no color coding.

David