POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Myths : Re: Myths Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Myths
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Aug 2009 17:33:18
Message: <4a81e39e$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:23:41 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Jim Henderson schrieb:
>> Yes, that I'm familiar with.  Good show, you should perhaps watch it
>> sometime.
>
> Definitely so.
>
> BTW, I found the movie not so great. It was ok, but didn't have what I
> liked most about the TV show. Maybe some more serenity (literally) would
> have done good (and less death and dying among the crew of course).

I liked the movie, but actually didn't get to see the release version
until after the DVD came out.  We got to go to a pre-release screening of
it, and not all the sound effects or music were finished when we saw it.

But there was a lot in the TV series that didn't make it in, and of
course too bad about what happened to a couple of the main characters
(trying not to spoil) - I think that affected the feel quite a lot, too.
River still kicked ass, though, and that's always fun to watch. :-)

> Too sad it got scraped after so few episodes - another great show ruined
> by short-sighted TV bosses.

Agreed.

> Like "Space: Above and Beyond" - another one
> of my all time TV favorites (and soon to be an addition to my DVD
> collection). "Band of Brothers" ranks on par with them, too (if not even
> better), though it's a totally different genre of course.

I remember watching a few eps of S:AaA but never really got into it.  My
younger brother loves Band of Brothers, though - he's on a big WWII kick
at the moment because my dad was in Europe for part of it (though looking
at his discharge paperwork, only about 7 months or so, right around the
time the war ended).

Jim