POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MAME: It's frustrating! : Re: MAME: It's frustrating! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MAME: It's frustrating!
From: stbenge
Date: 11 Aug 2009 15:01:31
Message: <4a81c00b$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>> Dude! That's like, stealing you know. That is, if you consider copying
>> information stealing. Those original programmers wouldn't get a penny if
>> you bought an old game on eBay or some other place now.
>
> Are you suggesting he should buy an arcade machine? I thought those cost
> several grand, since people who buy them usually make money out of them.

Actually, I was playing Devil's Advocate, but failed miserably during
the last part of the paragraph. And now I'm probably failing to see your
dry humor ;)

I think if the original programmers would get royalties from old games I
would make a donation to them. As it is, I can't see how the big game
companies would lose out at all if you copy ROMs.

So instead I support small gaming companies when I can, like the
producers of Clonk Rage. Now there's a fun game :)