POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Myths : Re: Myths Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Myths
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Aug 2009 07:54:44
Message: <4a815c04$1@news.povray.org>
>>> And raptors! What on Earth are those creatures? They come through your
>>> window! Scary.
>> Oh, *that* at least makes sense. Go watch Jurassic Park. ;-)
>
> I know. :-) (Even though I never watched it.)
>
> I love the raptors. I might even watch this jurassic movie someday
> just to see them in motion pictures. Such is the effect of word of
> mouth.

The movement of the raptors in particular isn't very believable. Perhaps
just because they move around way, way more than any of the other CGI
characters. The raptor's mass seems wrong somehow, and the balance
questionable. (Not that anybody's seen a real velociraptor move... But
then, *real* velociraptors where nowhere near as big as those seen in
the film.)