POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new guy...to everything. : Re: new guy...to everything. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new guy...to everything.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Aug 2009 03:24:03
Message: <4a811c93@news.povray.org>
"javi" <jay### [at] hawksrwuedu> schreef in bericht
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am new to POV Ray and imaging in general, suffice to say I am completely
> lost
> as to how I am going to create art using this program or how I can render
> my
> art in this program. If anyone has any tips on where to begin (a manual to
> read
> perhaps) please let me know.

If you are using the Windows version, something which might help you
visualize what you are doing are the following two free modellers specially
dedicated to POV-Ray:

Moray for Windows http://www.stmuc.com/moray/index.html . Be aware that
Moray works well only with POV version 3.5 but it could help you along in a
comprehensive way. In the future, Moray is expected to be overhauled and
made compatible with latest versions. As is, Moray can let you make great
things. I am still using it regularly for my creations.

Bishop3D http://www.bishop3d.com/index.htm . This modeller is compatible
with later POV versions and is under development.

Hope this helps.

Thomas