POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : prism object, cubic_spline, uncategorized error : Re: prism object, cubic_spline, uncategorized error Server Time
13 May 2024 19:54:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: prism object, cubic_spline, uncategorized error
From: clipka
Date: 10 Aug 2009 22:45:58
Message: <4a80db66$1@news.povray.org>
TC schrieb:
> Hi, there,
>
> I am pretty sure this is not a bug in PovRay,

So you are pretty sure that your posting is off-topic here, and should
have been posted to e.g. povray.general instead? Okay...

> <Start of simple scene, the prism-tutorial with modified coordinates>

Then you might have noticed the comments:

-------------------------------------
prism {
     cubic_spline
     0, // sweep the following shape from here ...
     1, // ... up through here
     6, // the number of points making up the shape ...
     < 3, -5>, // point#1 (control point... not on curve)
     < 3,  5>, // point#2  ... THIS POINT ...
     <-5,  0>, // point#3
     < 3, -5>, // point#4
     < 3,  5>, // point#5 ... MUST MATCH THIS POINT
     <-5,  0>  // point#6 (control point... not on curve)
     pigment { Green }
   }

In plain prose: The second point must match the second-to-last point.