POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A puzzle : Re: A puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzle
From: Tim Cook
Date: 10 Aug 2009 19:25:26
Message: <4a80ac66$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> It doesn't sound *that* bad. But there is a quite pronounced decrease in
> bass as I walk through the doorway. You listen to the music and you
> think the neighbors will be banking on the wall any minute now, and then
> you step just outside the door and it suddenly seems radpically less
> loud. I don't know if it's because you're out of line-of-sight with the
> speakers or the width of the doorway or what...

It's because you're out of line-of-sight of the speakers.  They can't be
bothered to sing to you if they can't *see* you.  They're even less
intelligent than the Bugblatter Beast of Traal, so closing your eyes
where they can see you doesn't work as a noise-silencer.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net