POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tom's Hardware ray tracing article : Re: Tom's Hardware ray tracing article Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tom's Hardware ray tracing article
From: SharkD
Date: 10 Aug 2009 16:19:42
Message: <4a8080de$1@news.povray.org>
"This is the worst possible scenario, because of all memory
characteristics, latency is the one that has made the least progress in
recent years, and there's no indication that's likely to change any time
soon. It's easy enough to increase bandwidth by using several chips in
parallel, whereas latency is inherent in the way memory functions."

I guess we'll have to wait for carbon nano structures, memristors,
diamonds and/or super conductors to replace silicon and gold...

-Mike