POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MAME: It's frustrating! : Re: MAME: It's frustrating! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MAME: It's frustrating!
From: stbenge
Date: 10 Aug 2009 16:17:55
Message: <4a808073@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> So, I've dipped into emulation again. I've always been fond of the NES
> and SNES emulators, since these were the consoles of my childhood. I
> still do have my SNES console.

Those were the great days. Super Metroid was awesome, as was FF II & III...

> So, I decided to find a few arcade classics and download MAME.

Dude! That's like, stealing you know. That is, if you consider copying
information stealing. Those original programmers wouldn't get a penny if
you bought an old game on eBay or some other place now.

> Though I have to say, it seems to emulate just about every arcade game
> you can think of.

I've got a MAME emulator somewhere. Arcade games are disappointing to
me. It might be because I suck at them ;)

I recommend the original Game Boy and Game Boy Advance if you like olde
school 2D games. The Castlevania series for GBA is particularly good.
The Zelda series for GB Color is also great. But then again I'm a big
ARPG fan :)

Sam