POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : on mail addresses : on mail addresses Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  on mail addresses
From: Daniel Bastos
Date: 10 Aug 2009 11:06:32
Message: <4a803778@news.povray.org>
So I signed up for a mail list. But google refuses to send the email
that I must send to confirm the subscription. So I thought I should
bypass this tyranical system by using my super UNIX mail program
friend. But it sucked.

%printf 'From: dbastos@toledo.com\n' | mail -s stuff
'alerts-sc.1249915277.ohnfgbjcamanmikdjlib-dbastos=toledo.com@lists.nader.org'
Cannot parse address `alerts-sc.1249915277.ohnfgbjcamanmikdjlib-dbastos' (while
expanding `alerts-sc.1249915277.ohnfgbjcamanmikdjlib-dbastos'): Format of RFC822
object is bad
%

What's wrong exactly? This address is claimed valid by qmail/ezmlm.