POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Aug 2009 13:09:06
Message: <4a7f02b2$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 22:51:38 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> And, I am sure it worked before, on people more gullible.

I'm sure it had.  One of the people who was convinced to pass along
untrue information clearly had given in on the issue.

> Most people,
> whether they have suspicions or not, will cave under such tactics,
> either due to being unaware how far they could take it, or because they
> don't want to put in the effort to fight back.

It becomes a question of the value of the thing that's being defended vs.
the cost of fighting the deception.  I made the judgment that the value
of the thing being defended was higher than the cost of giving in
(because giving in would mean others could get away with it and devalue
the thing being defended).

Jim