POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Aug 2009 00:01:08
Message: <4a7e4a04$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 00:12:14 +0200, andrel wrote:

> from memory: There is this planet where the human population is rules by
> lizards. It is still a democracy, all humans can vote but only lizards
> can be elected. I think Arthur asks in astonishment: 'why do you vote?'
> to which the answer is 'otherwise the wrong lizard might get in'.
>
> I think it was meant as a reference to the British system where you can
> only elect politicians that have been to one or two colleges. It is
> scarily true of most democracies though.

Actually, it was more of a slap at the US two-party system.  Anyone can
be elected, but the humans always vote for lizards out of one party or
the other, because otherwise the wrong lizard might get in (ie, if a good
human were put up as a candidate, it might split the vote between the
"good lizard" and the human).

Jim