POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2009 14:05:27
Message: <4a7dbe67$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:18:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> LOL
>>
>>This is what happens when you're a fan of Douglas Adams. ;-)
>
> Dying, was the only deadline he did not miss. :(

It's the only one he achieved ahead of schedule, sadly.  49 is too
early. :(

> It has been years since I've read anything by him.

I listen to Hitchhiker's at least once a year.  I know the primary and
secondary phases well enough to recite along with the recordings.

He had such a way with metaphors and the English language as a whole -
"they hung in the air in exactly the same way that bricks don't", for
example.

Jim