POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A simple question of GPL : Re: A simple question of GPL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple question of GPL
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2009 13:54:56
Message: <4a7dbbf0$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:41:23 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I wasn't aware which exact licence Linux uses.

Technically, it doesn't, though many distributions provide an EULA of
sorts.  Each component can have its own copyright and license terms.

> (Although arguably the
> fact that they want people to call it "GNU/Linux" should have been a
> giveaway...)

Not really, GNU doesn't necessarily imply GPL (though it's certainly most
likely).  Could be LGPL as well.  But also most include Firefox or
Mozilla, which are MPL.

Jim