POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A simple question of GPL : Re: A simple question of GPL Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:49:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple question of GPL
From: Warp
Date: 8 Aug 2009 08:16:57
Message: <4a7d6cb9@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:

> >   If you simply use the software itself, as an executable program, to do
> > your job, that's ok.

> This is all I'm intending to do. I want to run GPG so I don't have to
> pay money for PGP.

  I find your original question a bit strange, really. For instance, Linux
is GPL, yet demonstrably Linux is quite widely used in commercial settings
and for commercial purposes. There are even some companies which actually
sell Linux distros, even though it's GPL (Red Hat being a prominent example).

  From this alone one should deduce that the GPL license certainly doesn't
forbid using GPL software for commercial purposes.

--
                                                          - Warp