POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2009 18:31:02
Message: <4a7cab26@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> but I got the impression that the first time in history that any head of
> state has been given the name "president" was precisely when the USA was
> founded,

Now that you mention it, I kind of remember hearing something about that.
There was even an argument over what honorific to use, and Washington
decided that just "Mister President" would do. As in, my vague memories of
grade school are telling me you're right in that.

I was also thinking of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Association
which was a kind of bit of local government set up a few years before the
actual revolution. But it doesn't look like it set up an actual leader.

It's possible the original "trick" question was about the first Congress in
America, not the first President?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."