POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta.33 for Windows: Not Reproducible : Re: beta.33 for Windows: Not Reproducible Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta.33 for Windows: Not Reproducible
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Aug 2009 16:27:38
Message: <4a7c8e3a$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich schrieb:
>> clipka wrote:
>> Well, what is the wave pattern in arches? There is a (global) method
>> that initiates all waves, but that would not be much different from
>> 3.6. Is the bug visible there, too?
>>
>>     Thorsten
>
> Same thing in 3.6.2, yes - I just checked.
>
> In 3.7, I can track down the bug to a global variable "Number_Of_Waves",

Ah, yes, one of the old dead bodies in the code. Should be one of the last
ones. We did mark all globals years ago, so the few remaining ones are easy
to find :-)

> For the time being I'll change that to impose a maximum limit of 10 on
> number_of_waves (higher values were useless anyway), and store the
> actual number of waves in the scene data. But I guess it's worth
> thinking about moving the waves data into the thread completely. Global
> variables are ugly, and it's not really a huge amount of data.

The question is if it is really needed or maybe just generating like 100 and
setting the limit there would be more than enough...

	Thorsten