POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2009 15:26:01
Message: <4a7c7fc9$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Perhaps "true twits" should be replaced with something indicating that in
> general it's human nature to do so?

It's a survival trait, actually. You forget the times you were wrong but
mostly unharmed, because that's less important to survival than guessing
right. You rarely forget to look both ways before crossing the street if
you've actually been run down before, tho. That's where the whole concept of
"grudge" and "stereotype" sort of thinking comes from.

Just like it's natural to overestimate danger of rare events. If guessing
wrong once in 100 times that the rustling isn't a tiger in the grass, you
get eaten. So naturally every rustle seems like a dangerous predator even if
it almost never is. Hence the wild overreaction to things like a mother
letting the kids walk home from the store, even tho only something like 20
kids a year get kidnapped in the whole country by someone other than their
own relatives.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."