POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2009 13:01:28
Message: <4a7c5de8$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:48:30 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> better than 90% of the time, I'm right.
>
> You mean, better than 90% of the time you remember making the prediction
> and remember checking, you're right?  Or do you actually keep objective
> notes?

Just an informal recollection - and yeah, I know I'm biased, but I try to
be objective about it.

> Granted, it's definitely a skill you can learn to read people and to
> pick up subtle clues. I'm just saying ...

Yes. :-)

>> I've also been told by people in professions that depend on the ability
>> to read people and situations that my instincts are exceptionally good
>> -
>
> See, now *that* is justified belief. :-)  Without some external
> validation, you can never tell whether you're fooling yourself.

I do get that kind of feedback quite frequently, it seems.  Of course my
best recent examples are ones that are confidential due to their legal
nature.

> Just look at any friend who is infatuated with some girl that's no good
> for him. :-)

LOL

> A very good book on the subject:
> http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

I'll have to see if the library has that one.  I need to read more. :-)

Jim