POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2009 12:58:16
Message: <4a7c5d28$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:23:55 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Hmm. Point taken. But, then, I also tend to forget that not everyone
> necessarily took even the basic psychology course I did in college
> either, which covered at least bits of it too.

Question of putting yourself in the shoes of someone with a different set
of life experiences. :-)  I never took any psychology classes in college,
my focus was engineering and then computer science.

> Still, its harder to miss
> some of the common examples of mind tricks, which have been shown on TV
> programs. But, again, that only works if you presume they where watching
> the show on "Funny tricks played on people using psychology.", instead
> of, "Random sitcom #345, in which someone trips over a hose.", that day
> instead. lol Or, well... you get what I mean. Picking things with,
> relatively, *zero* content in new ideas, or which tend to feed into
> common perception, or not watching at all, instead of pointing out where
> those perceptions fail, etc.

Yeah, I tend not to go for the brainless sitcoms, I prefer things that
make me think at least a little.  Magic and misdirection (Penn & Teller
style, for example) are things I really enjoy a lot.

Jim