POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : License or Licence? : Re: License or Licence? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: License or Licence?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2009 12:49:19
Message: <4a7c5b0f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:08:56 -0400, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> In fact, it seems like people for whom English is a second language
> often have better grammar than many native speakers

I've found this to be generally the case, though I often see odd
constructions like:

"What option do you have to enter to [...]"

Instead of:

"Which option is used to [...]"

I've just been reviewing a skills assessment written in English by a
native German speaker, and this type of construction is very common in
German apparently.

Grammatically it's correct, of course, but it's also awkward.

Jim