POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The code I'm working on makes me want to cry ... : Re: The code I'm working on makes me want to cry ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The code I'm working on makes me want to cry ...
From: scott
Date: 7 Aug 2009 02:26:01
Message: <4a7bc8f9$1@news.povray.org>
> 1 the main table contains the address itself, and pointers to the city,
> and the state tables.
>
> That's right, a row for every city, and a row for every state.

That seems fine to me, for one thing it avoids people making a typo on the
state, which makes doing things by state harder later on.  Not so sure about
the city, I don't know how it works in the US, but in the UK you might not
officially be living in a city, and then your "city/town/village" table is
going to be HUGE with basically every little place in it, and there are
duplicates in different parts of the country!