POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new guy...to everything. : Re: new guy...to everything. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new guy...to everything.
From: Alain
Date: 6 Aug 2009 22:35:48
Message: <4a7b9304@news.povray.org>

> Hi everyone.
>
> I am new to POV Ray and imaging in general, suffice to say I am completely lost
> as to how I am going to create art using this program or how I can render my
> art in this program. If anyone has any tips on where to begin (a manual to read
> perhaps) please let me know.
>
> thanks
>
> -javi.

Welcome in the gang!

The first thing I did was to go trough the tutorial and enter all the
samples by hand.
Once you have rendered a sampls, go ahead and change some thing(s) in it
and render again to see the difference.

Next, skimm over the rest of the documentation that comes with the
installer.

Now, start making a few simple scenes of your own, and progressively, go
on to some more complexe scenes.

If you have a problem, or need some additional explanations, come back
on this forum or on povray.newusers.

As for the artistic value of your creations, I can't juge that.

Alain