POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender hmmmm... : Re: Blender hmmmm... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender hmmmm...
From: scott
Date: 6 Aug 2009 02:32:57
Message: <4a7a7919$1@news.povray.org>
>> On the other hand, the interface in Blender is so
>> bad it's driven two companies bankrupt.
>
> Interestingly enough, that was the bit I was most curious about. Thanks!

Hmm, last time I complained about Blender's GUI here I was told it was
better to have a common interface per application rather than per OS.  I
still don't agree with that though, people typically only use 1 or 2 OS's
but tens or hundreds of applications.  As much as is realistic, applications
should follow the OS style that they are running on (so yes, that means
possibly a different front end for different OS's, or using a library that
does it automatically), not try to invent their own and expect everyone to
learn it.  Saying that though, I guess Blender is/was not developed with
"getting lots of customers" in mind.