POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Days of Thunder : Re: Days of Thunder Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Days of Thunder
From: scott
Date: 5 Aug 2009 05:54:23
Message: <4a7956cf@news.povray.org>
> I haven't used Windows Live Mail, according to Wikipedia it has a number
> of differences from Windows Mail. Such as support for web based email
> Windows Live Hotmail, (just to keep everyone confused about the names).

As far as I can tell, Windows Live Mail is exactly the same as Outlook
Express, all the menus and dialog boxes are identical, it just has a
different name in the title bar and a few extra buttons.

>> Also, why would anyone use Outlook for simply reading email?  That seems
>> a bit of an overkill.
>
> Mostly I wanted Word because there's a fair number of Word documents
> here that came from elsewhere, but needed to be accessed/edited.
> Outlook was just part of the package sale as MS marketed it.

Why does installing Word mean you have to install Outlook?  I have installed
MS Office loads of times and never once installed Outlook.  I don't
understand why a home user would want to use it.