POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Days of Thunder : Re: Days of Thunder Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Days of Thunder
From: scott
Date: 5 Aug 2009 02:49:23
Message: <4a792b73$1@news.povray.org>
> I used to use Outlook with XP and IE7.
>
> Then Outlook automatically "upgraded"
> itself to OE, disabling several funcions that
> I didn't use, so I never bothered trying to
> re-install.

Huh? I've never heard of that before, millions of people worldwide rely on
Outlook on their work machines to do far more than email on a day-to-day
basis.  There's no way that MS is going to do anything like an automatic
"upgrade" to OE unless they wanted to piss off a huge number of corporate
customers who give them serious amounts of money.

Anyway, now OE has been renamed to Windows Live Mail (or maybe something
else recently), so there should be less confusion between the free mail/news
reader and Outlook.

Also, why would anyone use Outlook for simply reading email?  That seems a
bit of an overkill.