POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Chambers
Date: 4 Aug 2009 22:04:11
Message: <4a78e89b$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> Once you admit that there's a cutoff point somewhere, then it no longer
>> becomes a question of whether or not certain people will be denied
>> treatment, but only a question of where that cutoff point is.
>
>     So, what's the cutoff point in Canada, the UK, and France? Citations
> should be included.

Why?  I'm simply saying that you should consider all factors, not that
any particular cutoff point should be used.

>     And, BTW, are you suggesting that insurance companies don't emulate
> cutoff points?

Not at all - I think insurance companies do a great job of figuring out
when it's feasible to pay for something and when it isn't.

I was responding to what you wrote:
"3. Most of the people I hear from who are against universal health care
don't claim the US is near the "best". They claim that people who "work
hard and earn a lot" should get some sort of priority over deadbeats who
don't. (Not my view, but thought I'd point out that it's not about being
the best). Effectively, the argument is that access to health care is
not a human right"

I was basically saying that health care is NOT a universal right, but
rather is a privilege which is awarded when money is available.  I'm not
saying anything about how often it should be awarded, or how much money
we should make available.

--
Chambers