POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Aug 2009 18:24:01
Message: <4a78b501$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:49:13 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Well, you may have a background in child development.  I don't.
>>> Sheesh.
>>>
>>> Jim
>> Actually, no I don't, but I read **a lot**, especially since, starting
>> some 20 years ago, I had a fascination with AI, and the logical means to
>> learn about why it didn't work well, once I found that, is to learn how
>> the mind worked. My discovery was, sadly, that real brains don't work
>> much better, they just have a more robust system of, "fill in the blanks
>> and hope it works".
>
> My point stands, you've read more about it than I do.  So your expressed
> "disdain" for what I said that you said was "basic child development
> stuff" really was misplaced, which kinda was my point.
>
> Jim
Hmm. Point taken. But, then, I also tend to forget that not everyone
necessarily took even the basic psychology course I did in college
either, which covered at least bits of it too. Still, its harder to miss
some of the common examples of mind tricks, which have been shown on TV
programs. But, again, that only works if you presume they where watching
the show on "Funny tricks played on people using psychology.", instead
of, "Random sitcom #345, in which someone trips over a hose.", that day
instead. lol Or, well... you get what I mean. Picking things with,
relatively, *zero* content in new ideas, or which tend to feed into
common perception, or not watching at all, instead of pointing out where
those perceptions fail, etc.

I suppose... Its sort of similar to the reaction that someone who has
gone to church every day for 20 years (but probably never read the Bible
on their own from cover to cover, in my, and other's experience),
wondering how I don't **get** how all the "truths" they know are valid.
But, its not *quite* the same thing, since, imho, they are the people
standing, like the natives in one of the other posts, looking out at a
field and going, "How did you make cows the size of flies?" I definitely
need to remember that one.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {