POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Days of Thunder : Re: Days of Thunder Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Days of Thunder
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2009 16:37:10
Message: <4a789bf6$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan schrieb:
> On 08/03/09 23:24, clipka wrote:
>> Turned out that migrating my old e-mails archive and address book wasn't
>> as straightforward as I had hoped (how stupid is this: You can't import
>> from Outlook .pst files unless Outlook is installed); fortunately, my
>
>     The last time I used Outlook (Express) was way too long ago.
> Reading your post, I can tell they didn't really improve it much.
> Perhaps they even made it worse, as in those days you could read
> newsgroups with it (or so I recall).

Outlook and Outlook Express are whole different beasts. The only thing
they have in common is that "Outlook" in the name.

>     Not all clients support import from Outlook (and why should they?
> Almost all mail readers store email using open formats).
Well, I always suspected they might, perhaps, want me to use their
product. That, however, includes me leaving my old e-mail app behind;
if  there's a clean path to make sure I don't have to leave all the
e-mails behind as well, that makes it a lot easier.

(Then again, maybe my initial axiom is a misconception already, and they
just write those programs for the fun of it; in that case, sure - why
should an e-mail client - even a "big player" - be able to import from
competitors' products. To the contrary: After all, isn't it the Outlook
users' fault that they're not using something better anyway? So let them
stay in suffering. Yeah, they don't deserve otherwise... that'll teach
them a lesson... :-( / ;-) / :-P)

> The simplest solution if they had IMAP and not too much email was to
> put all the email on the server, and redownload it using the new client.
Does this preserve information such as message timestamps?

>> (Next thing on the agenda: Replace IE with Firefox...?)
>
>     (Vomits).

Why? Firefox no good either??? Or did you just have something bad for lunch?