POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta expiry : Re: Beta expiry Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:10:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta expiry
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2009 16:20:15
Message: <4a7897ff$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron schrieb:
> Le 04/08/2009 19:29, Samour nous fit lire :
>
>> The beta release has expired as of August 1. Any idea when it may be extended?
>> (clicking extend didn't work nor did attempts to comment out parts of the
>> source to bypass the restriction)
>>

> on source compile, export POVRAY_BETA=`povray --betacode`
> it's all I need (until it became very old).

That's how it works on Unix (and therefore also Mac I'd guess), but on
Windows, clicking "extend" *should* work (you need to wait 10 seconds of
course before the button will become available).

@Samour:
I had no trouble extending the official beta.33 release, so maybe
there's an incompatibility with the Intel compiler you're using?
Or, maybe the source distribution has a bogus EXPIRE_AT defined in
povray.h; it should be 1243807200 + DAYS(61).

@Le_Forgeron:
> Quick task summary (from web site), personal view:
>  * isosurface, bounding box & threads : solved, close it

Did you try it with beta.33?
>  * Function pattern in image map: it does not seems to work on my
> compilation (source, linux 64 bits)

Can you elaborate? Again, is it actually beta.33 you're using? I thought
the Linux code wasn't updated?