POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta expiry : Re: Beta expiry Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:03:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta expiry
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Aug 2009 15:48:03
Message: <4a789073@news.povray.org>
Le 04/08/2009 19:29, Samour nous fit lire :
> The beta release has expired as of August 1. Any idea when it may be extended?
> (clicking extend didn't work nor did attempts to comment out parts of the
> source to bypass the restriction)

on source compile, export POVRAY_BETA=`povray --betacode`
it's all I need (until it became very old).

Quick task summary (from web site), personal view:
 * isosurface, bounding box & threads : solved, close it
 * configure: error: Could not link against boost...   requested number
of boost still too low (35 does not have yield())
 * Mesh not smooth in 64-bit beta 32 : not able to test, please check if
you have windows 64bit. fine on linux 64 bits
 * X Window preview might lock : still there, may be related to random
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 108 requests (107 known processed) with 18 events remaining.
at the start of rendering. Let's loose the title if all else fails!
 * Compilation on freebsd: not able to test, please check if you have
freebsd.
 * Function pattern in image map: it does not seems to work on my
compilation (source, linux 64 bits)

(Documentation need also synchronisation with 3.7 on some aspects)