POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Days of Thunder : Days of Thunder Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Days of Thunder
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2009 00:24:36
Message: <4a77b804@news.povray.org>
Well, so this is it: After so many years of working with Outlook, now
that I have this brand new computer, I ultimately decided to bid
farewell to that mail client, and give Thunderbird a try - actually
mainly because that stupid Outlook doesn't have a built-in newsreader,
and I'm getting kind of annoyed with that news.povray.org web interface.

Turned out that migrating my old e-mails archive and address book wasn't
as straightforward as I had hoped (how stupid is this: You can't import
from Outlook .pst files unless Outlook is installed); fortunately, my
old computer's still alive and kicking, so I just installed TB there as
well to import, and followed the instructions I found somewhere on how
to "transplant" a TB profile. Seems to have worked pretty well at first
glance - I hope the second glance will confirm this.

So here we go - first newsgroup posting test with T'bird...

(Next thing on the agenda: Replace IE with Firefox...?)