POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animated Credits : Re: animated Credits Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animated Credits
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Aug 2009 16:19:32
Message: <4a774654@news.povray.org>
"Leroy Whetstone" <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote in message
news:4A7### [at] joplincom...
>  I'm sure some one has made animated credits. I just started to make my
> own. I was wondering how ya did yours?
>  I was thinking of a single POV file that uses an 'include' or 'txt' files
> for the credit's text. That POV file could be reused for other animations.
>
> Have Fun!

I didn't ever do animated credits, but the Scroll macro on the Object
Collection at
http://lib.povray.org/collection/scroll/chrisb%202.0/scroll.html includes
various macros for building text objects that you may find useful. For
example, the Scroll_MakeTextObject macro can (amongst other things) full
justify text. If you wanted to then add the text to a paper scroll, it's
easy to animate it rolling off one scroll onto the other. There's an
animated example using a brick pattern (illustrated next to the
Scroll_BottomRollLength setting described on the html page). The same
technique should work just as well for animating a scroll with text on it.

Regards,
Chris B.