POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Aug 2009 15:12:55
Message: <4a7736b7$1@news.povray.org>
David H. Burns wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> Did you look at the maps I posted, and the links to definitions? I
>> thought
>> "southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism
>> is dominant" was pretty descriptive, didn't you?
>>

> So you mean that the "Bible Belt" is where "Protestant Fundamentalism"
> (another
> prejudicial and emotive term) is "dominant" (whatever you mean by that).
> Why call it the
>  "Bible Belt" and what real evidence was used in drawing the maps? And
> who drew them? :)
>
> David

Same as most such data-

1. Self reporting of religious affiliation.
2. Lists of registered churches.
3. Stated views and objectives of the same, from their own mouths.
4. Self reporting of what the congregation members *in* those places
*say* they believe.

You know, that sort of stuff.

--
void main () {