POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Aug 2009 15:10:29
Message: <4a773625@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:54:23 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Instinctive certainties, however, are wrong more than half the time.
>
> Citation?

Uh.. Such numbers are also made up and wrong, more than half the time? lol

Seriously though, I don't know the actual number, or have a cite, but I
*have* seen cases dealing with cognition, where you can not only get
50-50 fails, but even 99% failures. One of the best examples is the,
"two people with a big sign walking rudely between two people talking.",
experiment they run, yearly, at some colleges, for their psychology
experiments. The one where they replace the person asking the question
of some random person with someone the wrong height, dressed wrong, in
clothing some **totally** different color, or even the wrong gender, and
like 90% of the people being "asked", never notice the substitution. The
brain just starts over where it was interrupted, so long as the
conversation "seems" to be the same, and ignore **everything** else. The
replacement could probably be standing their nude and the only reaction
you would get was, "Damn, I didn't realize when you came up that you
where nude.", not, "Where the hell did the original person I was talking
to go?"

The ease by which the mind can be tricked is actually quite scary.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {