POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Aug 2009 01:10:40
Message: <4a767150$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
>> And certainly a Christian's knowledge of the existence of God isn't
>> instinctive, or people wouldn't take children to Sunday School and read
>> passages out of the bible. Perhaps the tendency to religion or other
>> such stories is instinctive, but again is that "knowledge" or just a
>> natural tendency?
>
> Some people come to that conclusion without formal training.  I know
> several who are in that category.  I myself always had a particular idea
> about how the universe worked that nobody taught me, nor really that I
> figured out myself, I just seemed to know it.  Then I found that there
> were others who had a similar view and that it had a name.  Since then,
> I've kinda drifted because the "formal" part of that line of thinking
> didn't mesh as well as I thought it did.
>
> Jim
False perception. Before a certain age, almost no one remembers what
they did or didn't *perceive*, and we have very clear cognitive studies
that specify exactly when people *do* gain those things, as well as the
earliest age that you are *likely* to remember things clearly. And,
again, such perception is wrong a lot of the time, which is why magic
tricks, visual tricks, etc. work **at all**. We learn, by handling the
world around us, and experiencing it, what to expect in 99.9% of all
cases, so.. you do something that fits in the other 0.1%, and our brains
freak and start making things up, because it *can't* tell what is really
going on. This is basic child development stuff, sheesh..

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {