POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Aug 2009 00:51:50
Message: <4a766ce6$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Chambers wrote:
>>> (I have to disagree, though, as I think he was a deluded warmonger,
>>> and lots of people could have done better.  Not Gore, but I'd
>>> probably even vote for Hillary over Bush if there were another
>>> election.)
>>>

>> You sure about that one?
>>
>> http://www.alternet.org/rights/87665/?page=entire
>
> Quite an appropriate link for a thread that started about conspiracy
> theories ;)

Yes, well.. This is hardly a theory. The guy that wrote the book got
laughed at, a few years back when he did. Now.. three senators have
gotten nailed for thinking that they could do things that others can't,
it turns out that the C-Street boarding house actually exists, and *is*
listed as a church by the IRS, despite the fact that its clear there is
no church there, etc. Sometimes conspiracies are real. The problem is..
Well, look at who has been spreading most of the conspiracy theories
about the left, liberal Christians, scientists, etc... Yep, the people
who just "happen" to get caught doing this stuff recently.

And, to be clear, conspiracy theories from the other side lack any sort
of internal consistency, because they are all based on random gibberish.
The stuff coming from the right.. is *very* consistent. "We have the one
true version of the faith, everyone else is a false believer, or worse,
and they are all conspiring to undermine religions and our countries
non-existent 'Christian' foundations." Still get a laugh at that last
bit. Show me where, in the constitution, or anything written from the
period, where it says, "You can only have one god, you can't make graven
images, and you must observe the Sabbath, which ever day is happens to
be).", or how rules against theft, murder and adultery are
"non-existent" outside of Christianity, never mind how you can possibly
have a capitalist economy, if you are forbidden to covet anything anyone
else has... So.. Why keep trying to post those on every government
building, if they are **not** what the country is founded on? lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();