POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Aug 2009 00:44:22
Message: <4a766b26$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> an instinctive knowledge.

What is the benefit of tacking the word on the end of that? Why is it
"instinctive knowledge" and not just "instinct"?

>> Does yanking your hand out of the
>> fire have anything to do with knowing it's hot?
>
> It certainly has something to do with knowing "I'm in pain" and how to
> make he pain go away.  Pain avoidance is IMHO a form of instinctive
> knowledge.

OK, so what everyone else calls "instinct" (or "reflex"), you call "knowledge".

> Some people come to that conclusion without formal training.

Sure. But I specifically said "Christians" rather than something else to
imply a substantive agreement with parts of the bible as written. I don't
think it's unusual to have a tendency towards religion. Even atheists have
days when they're convinced God hates them. ;-)

And I don't think you instinctively knew (or know) how the universe works. I
think you learned it and didn't pay attention to having learned it, so
you've forgotten you learned it.  Not that we'll ever know for sure.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."