POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Aug 2009 22:52:06
Message: <4a7650d6$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I am not so certain about that.

Actually, I'd go so far as to wonder whether it makes sense to talk about
knowledge as "instinctive".  What is it that everyone (modulo birth defects
etc) knows when they're born? That's instinct. Knowing how to *learn* a
language is instinctive, but is it really knowledge? Is a falling pebble's
compliance with the laws of gravity caused by instinctive knowledge of
gravity by the pebble? If not, why is knowing how to learn a language
"knowledge"? Does yanking your hand out of the fire have anything to do with
knowing it's hot?

And certainly a Christian's knowledge of the existence of God isn't
instinctive, or people wouldn't take children to Sunday School and read
passages out of the bible. Perhaps the tendency to religion or other such
stories is instinctive, but again is that "knowledge" or just a natural
tendency?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."