POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Aug 2009 22:47:40
Message: <4a764fcc@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I am not so certain about that.

I'm sorry.

>> The philosophers like to say it's "justified true belief", and without
>> the justification, you just have a "good guess".
>
> Justification comes in different ways for different people.  There are
> some ways that are commonly accepted, and some ways that are not.

Certainly. But there are certainly some situations in which it's easy to say
"that's justified" and some in which it's easy to say "that's not
justified."  Of course there will be boundary cases as people argue over
whether whatever evidence is presented is sufficient justification.

> I can instinctively know
> that objects that are farther away appear to be smaller, but I can also
> prove that scientifically.  That doesn't invalidate the instinctive
> knowledge.

That's actually learned knowledge. Sorry.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."