POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: David H  Burns
Date: 2 Aug 2009 17:06:31
Message: <4a75ffd7$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
A believer "knows", he/she will often deny believing as that
> suggests that there is another option. I know that no god exists, but at
> the same time acknowledge that others know that God does exist.
> An outsider who does not share the same believe/knowledge may classify
> it as (merely) a believe, for the believer it is knowledge.
> So whether it are synonyms or not depends on the observer.

Well, of course one is free to use any word to mean anything one likes,
and if it comforts one in one's faith to use "know" to mean "believe",
one is free to do so. But if one wants what he says or writes
  to be understood .... :)

> (I am aware of the parallels with the evolution as (merely) a theory).

??

David :)