POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Aug 2009 15:06:04
Message: <4a75e39c$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> (I have to disagree, though, as I think he was a deluded warmonger, and
> lots of people could have done better.  Not Gore, but I'd probably even
> vote for Hillary over Bush if there were another election.)

You sure about that one?

http://www.alternet.org/rights/87665/?page=entire

"Two ways third gender works in the Family: There are these very strong
wives who oftentimes are very strong-willed people. I'm just reading

Hillary Clinton, who's just a man as far as they're concerned.

Lindsay Beyerstein: What's Hillary's involvement with the Family? What
is she getting out of it?

Jeff Sharlet: As I was researching the book, I knew Hillary had this
strange connection. I didn't think much of it until I was reporting on
Sen. Sam Brownback. Everyone knew I was a reporter from "Rolling Stone,"
probably more liberal than they were. So, a way that a lot of Family
people would reach out to be friendly was to tell me that Hillary
Clinton was OK with them. They'd tell me that HRC was going for regular
spiritual counseling with Doug Coe.

Lindsay Beyerstein: Is she still getting counseling from him?

Jeff Sharlet: This was in 2005, and she refused to say anything about
this. When NBC questioned her about this, her only answer was that
(she's) not a member and (she) has never given Doug Coe money -- which
was a strangely parsed kind of answer."

So... Not necessarily a member of the neo-almost-fascist elite, but
willing to listen to them for advice, even while Bill was President,
according to an earlier bit...

BTW, the three congress critters recently in trouble over adultery, one
went to these people for help, when caught, the other two are members,
and live, tax free, in what is classed as a church, in Washington DC.
Their philosophy seems to be a) divine right to rule, since its god that
*gives* people such power, and b) Christianity has been screwed up for
the last 2,000 years, by trying to help poor people, instead of bringing
about a world worthy of Christ's return.

Yeah.. Really love the idea of voting for Hillery, given her
connections. But, it does make me wonder, given the politics and
background of the people around Bush *and* their idea of how to solve
some foreign policy issues (including continuing to support dictators
and work with places like Sandia Arabia), whether or not digging in
Bush's connections would land him with these people too.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();