POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Chambers
Date: 2 Aug 2009 15:04:33
Message: <4a75e341$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 08/02/09 11:48, Chambers wrote:
>> (I have to disagree, though, as I think he was a deluded warmonger, and
>
>     He may have been a warmongerer, and a lot more stuff unfit to print,
> but I seriously doubt he was delusional.

Not delusional, but deluded.  From what I've seen, I think he wanted the
war in Iraq badly enough that two things happened:

1) His own view of the available data was biased,
2) His staff, knowing what he wanted, either consciously or
unconsciously colored the information they gave him.

Combined, I'm sure that he was convinced he was doing the right thing.
I'm also certain that he's much more intelligent than people give him
credit for, and that if he'd had access to better (read: less biased)
information, he would have made more intelligent choices.  He was still
biased himself, so he wouldn't be perfect, but he would have done a lot
better.

--
Chambers