POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Aug 2009 13:58:02
Message: <4a75d3aa@news.povray.org>
David H. Burns wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   Is it true that there are "closet atheists" in many parts of the US?
>>
>> Yes. Lots of places, especially in the south (known as the "bible
>> belt") there will be tremendous discrimination against atheists, to
>> the point of being harassed out of town. (I don't know about "many
>> parts," mind. Just the very religious parts.)
>
> Yes the "south" is swamp of hatred, ignorance, stupidity, peopled by
> benighted morons
> who are capable of the most heinous crimes for religion or any other
> reason.

Why are you taking offense? Are you claiming there isn't an area generally
referred to as "the bible belt"? Or that it isn't in the south? Or that
there aren't many places that discriminate against atheists? Or that there
are proportionally more in the south than the north?  I may be mistaken
about that latter one, but I'm just basing it on the news I read.

If you're taking offense at true statements, then you're doing it wrong.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."