POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Aug 2009 00:40:43
Message: <4a7518cb$1@news.povray.org>
David H. Burns wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   Is it true that there are "closet atheists" in many parts of the US?
>>
>> Yes. Lots of places, especially in the south (known as the "bible
>> belt") there will be tremendous discrimination against atheists, to
>> the point of being harassed out of town. (I don't know about "many
>> parts," mind. Just the very religious parts.)
>
> Yes the "south" is swamp of hatred, ignorance, stupidity, peopled by
> benighted morons
> who are capable of the most heinous crimes for religion or any other
> reason. Why don't y'all
> enlightened, rational, and wise folk who know us so well just flood us
> with nerve gas and
> improve the human race!

Much simpler. You can just succeed again. I understand someone in Texas
actually suggested this recently, but.. They seem to recently be
importing some of their real kooks from Nebraska, or some place. Latest
one is a global warming denier, who basis this on a 500 year old map,
showing Antarctica as the size of Africa, or bigger, complete with
rivers and lakes. Those of us getting a good laugh at it wondered if he
also found proof of "dragons" or "sea monsters" when examining it. lol

But, no. There are small pockets of sane in those states. And, sadly,
most of the people in them seem to be in general denial of how screwed
up and backward the rest of the state *actually* is, based on
descriptions from people that lived/live in them and don't share the
local predilection for shear crazy.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {