POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Aug 2009 23:53:40
Message: <4a750dc4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>>   Is it true that there are "closet atheists" in many parts of the US?
>
> Yes. Lots of places, especially in the south (known as the "bible belt")
> there will be tremendous discrimination against atheists, to the point
> of being harassed out of town. (I don't know about "many parts," mind.
> Just the very religious parts.)
>
> And of course many young adults who are atheist but don't want to cause
> a problem with their family.
>
> Of course, most places aren't like that, but when the evangelicals wind
> up being 75% of the population, you wind up having nobody in authority
> who will stand up for you, which is really the problem. I.e., when the
> school board, most of the police force, all the judges, and all the
> teachers think atheism is a sign of the devil, it's hard for a kid to
> complain they shouldn't be praying in grade school.

They are not 75% of the population, well.. except in the south. The
problem is, they are 75% of the electorate. :( For some reason,
religious people will ignore "everything" about a candidate, as long as
they babble about how faithful and "family values" they are... Drives me
nuts.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {